Questcare Hospitalists, a division of Envision Physician Services, is seeking a Medical Director to lead their Hospitalist program at Medical City North Hills.
The Medical Director of the Questcare Hospitalist program will be responsible for supervising the professional work of hospitalists and the programs and activities conducted by the program. The Medical Director monitors standards of performance consistent with the quality standards of the hospital and Questcare. The Medical Director plans, organizes, staffs, and directs inpatient caregivers and reports all pertinent activities to the Regional Medical Director. Responsibilities will include direct patient care.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Oversees all patient care, professional work and Medical Staff administrative activity by the hospitalist services as established by the Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules, and Regulations.
2. Maintains an active and ongoing performance improvement program in keeping with the objectives of the Hospital and Questcare performance improvement.
3. Enforces the Hospital Bylaws and the Bylaws, Rules, and Regulations of the Medical Staff.
4. Participates as an active member of Medical Staff Committees to assist in the development of medical policy for the Hospital and provides specific guidance and recommendations relative to the hospitalist services to ensure quality and efficient patient care services.
5. Schedules physician coverage on a 24-hour-a-day basis and ensures backup at all times.
6. Acts as liaison with the Medical Staff and maintains rapport with attending physicians and clinical departments.
7. Together with the Hospital Management and the Questcare Operating Unit, develops short- and long-range plans for the hospitalist services in keeping with the goals of the hospital and Questcare.
8. Influences managerial and supervisory staff to take action and accomplish predetermined objectives through decision-making, communications, and motivational activities.
9. Closely monitors hospitalist financial performance to ensure that budgetary objectives are attained while maintaining quality care standards.
10. Administers personnel policies and procedures in accordance with approved policies to ensure that competent hospital personnel and hospitalists are engaged, educated, evaluated and developed.
11. Continually assesses provider activities and initiates changes that will improve the quality of services offered, enhance performance, and/or upgrade efficiency and effectiveness.
12. Communicates to Questcare Operating Unit and other appropriate management and medical forums pertinent information, statistics, problems, and plans so that an excellent understanding of activities, issues, and opportunities in the hospitalist services exists.
13. Interacts with ancillary departments, especially Radiology, Laboratory, and Pharmacy, to ensure the effective workflow of the hospitalist services.
14. Develops a system to answer and evaluate all complaints or inquiries of patients concerning hospitalist physician services within two business days and reports same to Administration in a timely manner.
15. Performs evaluations of the physicians on an annual basis and reports a summary to the Regional Medical Director.
16. Meets with the Hospital Administrator with oversight of the hospitalist program monthly in a formal session and as needed or otherwise possible to update hospital management on hospitalist status and to develop rapport to support quality care and other Questcare goals.
17. Responsible for training, orienting and addressing concerns of APPs.
18. Submits a monthly Medical Director report to the Regional Medical Director and the Questcare Operating Unit.
Envision Physician Services (www.envisionphysicianservices.com) is a multi-specialty provider group and healthcare management team that provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, surgical services, and women’s and children’s health services to more than 900 facilities in 48 states. Envision Physician Services brings together EmCare and Sheridan Healthcare as one organization, allowing us to provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician group.
We invest in our 25,200 clinicians, providing them with the tools, resources and technologies they need to deliver high-quality patient care. This infrastructure includes quality and performance reporting, operational support, dedicated lean process improvement teams and risk management resources.
Envision Physician Services is built for your career— wherever it takes you. You’ll find an opportunity that fits your needs, schedule and goals at any stage of your career