| KENDALL ANESTHESIA ASSOCIATES |
Baptist Hospital of Miami 8900 N. Kendall Dr. Miami, Florida 33176
Location Southwest of Miami, suburban Kendall is close enough to enjoy downtown Miami, South Beach and Coconut Grove, but far enough for the quiet suburban life. Kendall’s housing varies from planned country club communities to traditional neighborhoods with a variety of home styles including Mediterranean, waterfront, art deco and contemporary single-family homes. A magnet to young families, Kendall has great schools and universities, a thriving economy and a diverse, cosmopolitan culture.
Hospital Description Since 1960, Baptist Hospital of Miami has been one of the most respected medical centers in South Florida and takes pride in its long-standing reputation for patient care excellence in surgical services. Its Italian Renaissance architecture and beautiful grounds offer an atmosphere of warmth and welcome to patients from all over South Florida, as well as countries throughout the world.
Practice Setting Kendall Anesthesia Associates has been the exclusive provider of anesthesia services at Baptist Hospital of Miami since 1960. A team of 27 anesthesiologists and 51 Allied Health Care associates provide anesthesia for a complete range of specialized surgical services including cardiac, thoracic, interventional(radiology,cardiology,and neuroradiology) as well as pediatrics, neonates,ambulatory, neurosurgery, general surgery, obstetrics, gynecology, oncological, orthopedics and urology. Surgical services are performed in multiple alternative settings within the hospital and on the Baptist campus including:
• A modern surgical suite with 24 operating rooms
• A Pediatric Procedure Room
• 3 Obstetric operating rooms and 14 labor and delivery rooms
• The Medical Arts Surgery Center, a free standing ambulatory center with 5 operating rooms(expanding to 9) averaging 25-30 anesthetics daily consisting of ophthalmology, ENT, plastics, gynecology, orthopedics and general pediatrics
• The Miami Cardiac and Vascular Institute, an internationally recognized component of Baptist Hospital with 20 procedure rooms, performing state-of-the-art investigational procedures including aortic and carotid endovascular stents, structural heart procedures, cardiac electrophysiological studies with device implantation and transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunts. • Major Stroke Referral & Spine Center providing cutting edge Neuro Interventional and Diagnostic procedures
• The Laparoscopic Surgery Center offering the most advanced laparoscopic surgical procedures.
• The Miami Cancer Institute, offering evidence based, personalized care and access to groundbreaking clinical trials supported by plans to join the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Alliance
• Approximately 40,000 surgeries are performed annually.
• Approximately 5,000 obstetrical deliveries each year with an epidural ratio of over 95%
• 350 open heart surgeries plus 150+ structural heart procedures annually
• Endoscopy Center with 8 procedure rooms averaging 5000 cases annually
• Full service pain clinic providing acute and chronic pain management.
Required Credentials • Board Certified or Board Eligible in Anesthesiology • Active Florida medical license or in licensing process
Subspecialty positions require: • Neuro Anesthesiology Fellowship • Regional Anesthesiology Fellowship • Obstetrical Anesthesiology Fellowship • Cardiac Anesthesiology Fellowship • Pediatric Anesthesiology Fellowship
Contact Kevin Kueser, MD Anesthesia Dept. Telephone: (786) 596-3621 Anesthesia Fax: (305) 273-2841 e-mail: email@example.com