Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse \(1\.0 FTE, Day shift\) to work in the Pre and Post Surgery Center / PACU II at Swedish Cherry Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The PPACU \(Pre/Post Anesthesia Care Unit\) Registered Nurse \(RN\) assumes leadership, responsibility and accountability for designated patients in the Pre\-operative, post\-operative, phase II recovery units\.Cherry Hill will be specific to the cardiac and neuro patient populations\.
In this position you will:
- Assess patient prior to procedure, reviewing patient identification, consent, physical and psychological health status, allergies, and readiness for surgery\.
- Review data collected, pertinent health history, physician orders, and patient needs to formulate and prioritize a plan of care\.
- Monitor patient vital signs, adapting readily to changing situations in a very acute environment
- Provide physiological comfort and psychological support based on individual patient needs\.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Licensed as Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher within 6 years of hire
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Exceptions will be considered on a case\-by\-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader
A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSNExceptions will be considered on a case\-by\-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader
- Current Basic Life Support Certification \(BLS\)
- Current Advance Care Life Support Certification \(ACLS\)12 months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility
About the Cherry Hill Campus
What is now known as the James Tower at Swedish/Cherry Hill Campus was home to the first hospital in Seattle, established in 1877 by the Sisters of Providence, a Catholic charity\. On July 1, 2000, the 385\-bed tertiary care center previously known as Providence Seattle Medical Center became part of the Swedish healthcare system\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Surgical Services \(Intraop\)
Req ID: 145275