Providence is calling a Labor & Delivery Registered Nurse (Full Time/Night shift) to Providence Holy Cross Medical Center in Mission Hills, CA.
(BONUS ELIGIBLE FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY)
We offer general obstetric and perinatal imaging that includes high-risk pregnancy and non-stress testing. Our newly expanded women's pavilion features private labor and delivery suites and a 12-bed state-of-the-art neonatal ICU. Features also include a 24/7 anesthesia service, laborist group and in-house perinatology.
Watch our You Tube video to hear from our Chief Nursing Officer, Physician's and our patients.
In this position you will:
- Implement and maintain established department, unit, administrative, and clinical policies/procedures for patient care, safety, and infection control.
- Conduct initial and ongoing patient assessment with attention to each patient's physical, emotional, psychosocial and spiritual needs.
- Collaborate and communicate with other personnel to maintain good employee relations, meet interdepartmental objectives, and optimize patient care.
- Provide direction to team members to coordinate care of assigned patients and problem-solve patient care issues during the shift.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current CA Registered Nurse ( RN ) license
- Current Basic Life Support ( BLS ) certification for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association
- Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program ( NRP ) certification
- 1 year L&D experience required.
- LA City Fire Card required within 30 days of hire
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor's degree or higher within 3 years of hire
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing ( BSN )
About the hospital you will serve:
Nationally recognized for clinical excellence and trauma care, Providence Holy Cross Medical Center is a 377-bed, level II trauma center in Mission Hills, California. We are the only Magnet®Designated Hospital in the San Fernando Valley. Providence Holy Cross also has been recognized this year by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of the best places to work in Los Angeles. As our reputation for excellence grows, so does our facility. We have recently expanded our medical center with the addition of a new 138-bed patient care wing. This expansion has made Providence Holy Cross Medical Center one of the largest hospitals serving the San Fernando and Santa Clarita valleys.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Labor & Delivery/Obstetric Nursing
Location: California-Mission Hills
Req ID: 135934