Hospital based and ambulatory based obstetrical/gynecological practice. Primary focus is on women of childbearing age, and it's practice may be extended to preventative healthcare of all women. In collaboration with the supervising physician, will assume the responsibility for the care of the ob/gyn patient. The supervising ob/gyn on call will be responsible for the assistance and back up for the CNM. Generally consisting of 40 hours of coverage per week. Hours consist of either 12 hour hospital based coverage (days 8 am - 8 pm and/or nights 8 pm - 8 am) and/or 8 hours of ambulatory coverage (8 am - 5 pm, M - F) at any assigned ambulatory site, i.e. 7th Avenue Prenatal Care Center.
Role of CNM:
1. Independent Management - management of essentially normal health client focusing on pregnancy, childbirth, postpartum period and family planning.
2. Co-management - provides for shared management of the woman experiencing medical, gynecological and/or obstetrical complications.
3. Consultation - maintains primary management responsibility for the woman's care, seeks advice or opinion of a physician or another member of the health care team.
4. Collaboration - process whereby CNM and physician jointly manage the care of a woman or newborn which has become medically, gynecological, or obstetrically complicated.
5. Referral - process by which the CNM directs the client to a physician or another health care profession for management of a particular problem or aspect of the client's care.
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
Internal Number: JO000000840
About Envision Physician Services
Envision Physician Services (www.envisionphysicianservices.com) is a multi-specialty provider group and healthcare management team that provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, surgical services, and women’s and children’s health services to more than 780 facilities in 48 states. Envision Physician Services brings together EmCare and Sheridan Healthcare as one organization, allowing us to provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician group.
We invest in our 23,000 clinicians, providing them with the tools, resources and technologies they need to deliver high-quality patient care. This infrastructure includes quality and performance reporting, operational support, dedicated lean process improvement teams and risk management resources.
Envision Physician Services is built for your career— wherever it takes you. You’ll find an opportunity that fits your needs, schedule and goals at any stage of your career